The Astana Ballet Theater successfully hosted a screening of “Morning Calm in the Alatau Mountains” , a fantasy performance with simultaneous translation into Russian by the artists of the State Republican Korean Theater of Musical Comedy from Almaty, MIA reports “Kazinform”.
The performance combined Korean and Kazakh folk music and it was dynamic thanks to the great dance and musical numbers, which the love story of the main characters was closely intertwined with. The audience gave a standing ovation to the artists, they were presented with a large basket of roses on behalf of the Minister of Culture and Sports of Kazakhstan – Arystanbek Mukhamediuly.
The performance is included in the Comprehensive Program of Cultural, Entertainment and Sports Events of the Ministry of Culture and Sports for the international exhibition EXPO-2017.
After the end of the show, the artist of the Academic Korean Theater Natalya Lee was asked about the performance by the correspondent of expo2017culture.kz .
– Natalia, please tell us about the preparation of this performance, which was warmly received by the public.
— We didn’t have much time for preparation, because we all have other jobs. We put a lot of effort into it. The preparation took about a month. But it was not possible to rehearse every day, as we had guests from Korea. They arrived literally a week before the performance. A lot of work has been done.
– I would also like to note the high quality of the costumes for the artists, which they wore on stage.
– We worked really hard, we had a wonderful costume designer who has been working with us for more than 30 years. You saw all the beauty, it’s all handmade.
– What emotions were you left with after the work was done?
Before that, I did not realize the responsibility that lies with me. Having visited the EXPO exhibition, I was incredibly amazed by the organization, and I am really proud that I was born in Kazakhstan, and I am also proud that I was able to witness and be a part of this event. Standing on stage today, I came to realize that we did make some sort of revolution.
– In your opinion, what is the secret of the success of your performance?
– Perhaps, we got really lucky. It doesn’t always work out the way you intend it to. But it was a lot of luck and diligence.